Benefits of volunteering
Volunteering is all about making a difference in your community; it also benefits you personally as it offers the chance to:
- act on your values, passions and interests
- make new friendships and create professional networks
- gain work experience and learn new skills
- enjoy new social and cultural experiences
- develop personally and build confidence
- enjoy better physical and mental health as studies show volunteering makes us healthier and happier
- challenge yourself in a supportive environment
- feel warm and fuzzy about helping your community
- have fun!
Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer. Just a few hours of volunteer work can make a difference to your happiness and mood!